Standing Committee Elections
Information and Filing Process
- An email notification has been sent to all Central Committee members inviting those interested in serving on one of these committees to run.
- Before filing, review the committee responsibilities in the governing documents below.
- File your candidacy with the Party Secretary by clicking on the link below.
- The filing deadline is Friday, September 7 at 5 pm.
- You must be a current Central Committee member to be on a standing committee.
- Speeches are limited to 2 minutes.
- Speaking and ballot order will be chosen during the September 6th Executive Committee meeting by a random letter drawing.
- Voting will be multiple rounds using clickers provided by the UCRP.
- There will be no multiple round speeches.
- Election of committee members will be by majority vote of the total ballots cast for each committee.
The Central Committee will elect 4 members (one member of the committee was elected by ballot and retains his position). The role of this committee is to monitor financial matters and oversee the review or audit conducted by a CPA firm select by this committee.
Governing documents pertaining to the Audit Committee are located here: Audit Committee
Constitution and Bylaws Committee
The Central Committee will elect 7 members. The role of this committee is to accept and propose changes to, and be the guardian of, the Party Constitution and Bylaws. They are responsible for reviewing the Party Constitution and Bylaws and making recommendations to the County Central Committee for changes as the need arises. It is also responsible to review all proposed Party Platform revisions submitted and edit each proposed revision for style, form, balance, redundancy, and consistency prior to Executive Committee review of the proposed revision.
Governing documents pertaining to the C&B Committee are located here: C&B Committee